Free University of Nigeria (popularly known as FUN) is the first non-profit, tuition-free, online university in Africa whose interest is in opening access to higher education in Africa. Our primary goal is to make everybody in Nigeria have access to a unique culture of quality education centered around gender equality and freedom irrespective of race, financial, cultural, geographic, political, and personal constraints.
A Quick Look at Student's Benefits
Successful students in academics and business get Honorary award of Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPro.)
NYSC Service or Exemption through collaboration with Chartered Institute of Commerce.
Access to Youth Entrepreneurship Scheme (YES!) and grants in collaboration with governments at all levels, corporate sponsors and foundation sponsors globally.
Free University of Nigeria (FUN) is here to inspire Nigeria and the rest of the world and their governments and non governmental agencies that access to higher education is a key ingredient in the promotion of peaceful coexistence among nations and global economic development.
We believe higher education is a basic right, and believes that it can both be a force for personal transformation and global change. Higher education enlightens further the search for pure knowledge required for strengthening respect for human rights and freedoms, and in promoting understanding and tolerance among the people leading to a gradual transition from troubled world to a global peace.
The mission of Free University of Nigeria (FUN) is to offer tuition-free, quality, online, degree-granting educational programs to our teaming out-of-school youths and adults.
Our vision is to offer quality university education to over 1,000,000 youths in Nigeria that will be gainfully employed into the economy to lead with the formation of their companies or attach themselves with fully fledged companies where they can acquire enough experience before budding out to be on their own.
Our admission policies favour everybody as we give maximum respect to rights of people outside the shore of Nigeria seeking admission into the institution of higher, qualified but no having the wherewithal to be admitted into higher institution.
To provide democratically accessible platform and equal opportunity for higher education to students from diverse backgrounds through:
- Utilizing the internet to provide distance education
- Offering programs at no cost to qualified students
- Providing a wide range scholarships to accommodate all registered students.
- Provide a wide range of financial empowerment through our enterprise development centre in partnership with banks, governments at various levels for the aim of empowering the most qualified students upon graduation
- Promoting the University’s programs in educationally less developed nations of the world.
To offer quality education that:
- is embedded in high academic standards
- will fuel national growth through critical thinking, communication, and commitment to lifelong learning
- will meet the expectation of the accrediting agencies locally and internationally.